Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help setting up NS5GT with NS Client Version 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

sept771

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2004
US
Hi,

I'm totally new to VPN. Here is what I'm trying to do. I have a NS 5GT Plus connected with router at work like this:

T1(internet)-->router-->NS5GT+-->Switch(internal 192.168.1.0)

I'm would like to setup my box so I can VPN into work with NS Secure VPN client 8 from home with DSL. I have tried setting it up with the documentation on the CD. So far, I'm unsuccessful of getting it working. Can someone provide me a step-by-step direction how to set it up?

Here is the message on my NS box when I tried to connected to it from home.

"Rejected an IKE packet on untrust from 65.69.89.32:500 to 216.87.37.106:500 with cookies b8a43ff3b0004bbf and 0000000000000000 because an initial Phase 1 packet arrived from an unrecognized peer gateway."

what type of id are you using and also make sure that the pre-share key is the same. also make sure you enable the VPN. If you can provide more information about your setup it will be helpful

Thanks for the replied Willy. Here is what I have created on my NS Box:

1. Objects-->Addresses-->List-->My Trusted Network(internal subnet)

2. Objects-->Users-->Local-->userid(IKE User=simple Identity IKE Identity=userid

3. VPN-->Autokey Advanced-->Gateway-->(Custom, Dialup User, Preshared Key, untrust)-->Advanced(pre-g2-3des-sha, Aggressive, Enable NAT-Traversal, UDP Checksum)

4. VPN-->AutoKey IKE-->Dialup(Predefined=Gateway Dialup)-->Advanced(nopfs-esp-3des-sha)

5. Policies-->From Untrust To Trust

That is it. I setup my NS Remote(Version 8) software exactly the same as the NS Box. BTW, I will get an error when I tried to connected to the box unless I modified the default.ang file.

Let me know if you need more information.....John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back