Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help setting up an Auto Attendant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_F

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2018
US
I have purchased a new direct line and it is now setup as one of our incoming call routes
I would Like to setup an auto attendant with two options
Pressing 1 will send the call to an outside 800#
Pressing 2 will send the call to an outside local #

This seems like it should be pretty strait forward ... i have just not done an auto attendant like this before

All help is much appreciated
IP Office v9.0.700.983

Embedded or VM Pro? Embedded transfer to a phantom extension fwd to the number. Make sure trunk to trunk transfer is on for the line, user, and system. That should be it.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks budbyrd that is helpful... Embedded how i was thinking to do it ... but we do have VM Pro ... would it be easier to set it up in VM Pro?? if so i know nothing about how VMPro is setup... is there some documentation to assist ... i am also looking to setup something based on time of day with this ... can i do that via Embedded... via time profile??

If you have VM Pro that is what you would use. For time of day use a time profile and assign it to the ICR. Destination would be VM:(name of module)
Add a module in VMP with a menu with the 1-2 option and transfer to the phantom extensions. I would use the help files F1 for help. They are pretty good at explaing what needs to be done.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thank you budbyrd... im currently undertaking a self taught crash course in VMP..lol

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back