Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help setting up a VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsqd

MIS
Sep 16, 2004
US
OK, let me say this...I have NO VPN experience. Now that I have that in the open...I am trying to set up VPN for two reasons. 1) moble user 2) softphones.
I work for a samll communications company and we sell Comdial phone systems. Comdial has a product line called CONVERsip that can utilize softphone endpoints, but the only wat to make these softphones work (currently) is VPN. We purchased a Sonicwall TZ170 with 10 connections just for this reason. Is there a step by step guide that is writen in plain english? I need this to be as simple as possible, can anybody help me, please.

we need more details to help. what do you have to create VPN? Will you use windows OS as VPN server or hardware like cisco router/firewall? Do you want to have site to site VPN?

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network, Internet, VPN, Routing and How to at

The SonicWall TZ170 appliance has the VPN server built in. This will mainly be used for remote access to our network by a laptop with high speed internet access from a customers site, and if we are working from home.

Gsqd,

You can find a step-by-step guide from SonicWall web site on how to setup vpn. I have this working for quite sometime now.

This time, I wanted to use the Radius for vpn authentication and that is where I'm stuck because neither SonicWall techsupport does not know what needs to be setup in the IAS server.

If you or anybody here find something that can help me too, please post it here.

Thanks,
Zorex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back