Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help Sending a XML file to a HTTPS site

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuM

MIS
Jan 16, 2001
US
I am trying to use an addin:
to send a XML file to a HTTPS site. I assign a value to the username and password. but they don't pass to the website. Any help with this ? OR Suggestions on sending the XML file.

The author of this component invites comments, problems and suggestions and gives his email address at the bottom of the URL you quote.

Have you contacted him?

Andrew
Hampshire, UK

In the past I've used the indy component TIdHTTP to GET/POST data to or from a website via HTTP. In the Delphi 6 help, it mentions that TIdHTTP does support HTTPS although I haven't ever tried implementing this.

Here's an excerpt:
Delphi 6 Help File said:
TIdHTTP = class(TIdTCPClient)

Description

TIdHTTP is a TIdTCPClient descendant that is a client implementation of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) as described in the Internet Standards documents:

Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 1.0 (HTTP/1.0), RFC 1945
Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 1.1 (HTTP/1.1), RFC 2616

TIdHTTP supports HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 protocols for use as a web-browser or web-robot.

TIdHTTP also supports the Secure Hypertext Transport protocol (HTTPS) as described in the Internet Standards document:

The Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol, RFC 2660

Assign an instance of TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL to the Intercept property to allow use of the HTTPS protocol. For the Windows platform, you must install the Indy OpenSSL support .DLL's available at to enable Secure Socket Layer support.

Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

Where is TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL ? I can't find it.

I'm guessing you should be able to download it as part of the indy package:
Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back