Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help routing according to port

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastyman

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2003
ZA
Hi,

I'm fairly new to routing and need a bit of help.
We have 2 service providers, and what I need to do is route traffic according to the port it's using via a central router through 2 border routers.
For example, any web traffic(80, 8080), ftp, skype, etc needs to route through border router A while our vpn traffic needs to go through border router B.

Any help is appreciated.

Many Thanks
Mark

Google "policy based routing". It's what you want.

i think you need to use a combination of pat and pbr

you need pat statements on incoming connections to route your services to the required internal hosts.. and they you will need some source based routing to direct the traffic back out the appropriate interface to the iternet...

if this makes sense to you and you need config help let me know.. also let me know if i am interpreting this wrong.

i am assuming you have one public ip from each isp and internal addressing for your servers...

thanks.

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, pbr is what I need. I don't think pat is required as incoming traffic is not an issue, and vpn tunnels and acl's have already been created. What the current issue is preventing web browsing traffic through border router a, and route it through border router b.
However, I've just been given a little twist too. I need route an https request for a specific IP through router a and then give 25% of the max bandwidth.
Am I correct in assuming that I would setup an acl for the IP address and port (443), then setup a class and then use the bandwidth command to allow it the 25%?
Something like:

acl 100 permit ip any any ip adresss subnet eq 443

class-map example
match access-group 100

policy-map ex
class example
bandwidth percent 25

route-map ex
match ip adress 100
set ip next-hop a.a.a.a

Would that be correct?

Status