Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help restoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendm3

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
US
Hi Everyone.

I am new to arcserve2000 (used 6 a while back). I am trying to restore some log files, but in the restore manager I cant expand the tree any deeper then \\Servername\C$ etc. I tried scanning the tape media and that didnt help. Merging didnt help either. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting somewhere to enable the directory traversal so i can get to the individual file instead of restoring the entire C drive. I did not set up the Arcserve system here. Any advice?

Looks like a probleem with ARCserve database... Initalize the arcserve database.. merge the data and then restore...

Good Luck...

How do I initialize the DB? Also i checked it with DB manager, and again i can see the session, but no files under it, i see however in the summary 335 files, i just dont actually see them :(

Thanks!!!

Go to HKlocalMachine\Software\ComputerAssociates\ArcserveITBase\TaskHighlight this key and click - Edit - Add key - Merge
Highlight the key and click - Edit -Add Value - DoNotUseCatalogMerge - RegDword Value -1
Stop and start the arcserve services.
Run the merge again.

Since you know what session the files are located, do a restore by backup media, choose the session you need restored and then using the filter INCLUDE the files or folders that you need restored. This method will not be using your Arcserve database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back