Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help resolving Recipients container permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosCreator

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2003
YU
Environment:
Multiple Windows 2003 Active Directory domains - Native Mode
Exchange 5.5 w/ SP4 on Windows 2000 Server w/ SP3
3 Mailbox Servers
1 Bridgehead with IMC
4000 Mailboxes
3 Sites in Org - 2 of which are on another untrusted domain. Using an override account to secure site connector.

Problem:
Out of the blue - I'm getting errors in Exchange Admin and I can't manage objects in Recipients container. Exact error and situation are detailed in
Error Message while attempting to view permissions on any object in Recipients container:
The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed. Microsoft Windows NT ID: 0xc00206fc

Notes:
The error appeared a week after we upgraded a trusted Windows NT 4.0 Domain to Windows 2003 and moved it under the root domain in our Forest. The PDC of that domain was decom'd and replaced with a 2003 domain controller. I found an lmhosts config on one of the mailbox servers pointing to that old PDC - I removed it. I've since cleaned out WINS, DNS, local hosts & lmhosts on all exchange servers and domain controllers. I've verified our trusts and for some reason I can get to every other object in Exchange Admin - org, site, and configuration containers, but the recipients container still produces that error. I've cleaned out all mailboxes without IDs, and still - error. I turned up DS diagnostic logging to max - no related errors when this error occurs. I'm setting up a port span right now to monitor the network traffic and find out which domain this box is trying to query, but I'm another 2 hours away - waiting on the WAN idiots to hook it up.

On the flip-side mailbox access is unaffected - no complaints from users. So, the damage appears to be limited to the Exchange Admin side.

Need some guidance. Where should I focus my efforts? Anyone experience this issue? Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back