Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help Reporting Unwanted Ad Gross Violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourls

Technical User
Oct 18, 2001
US
Hi:

I'll bet I am not the only PC user with this problem. An organization exists with a multiplicity of ads for a wide variety of goods and services whose "unsubscribe" feature is a bad joke.

After following the instructions to unsubscribe, the user is taken to a long list of Yes/No questions, all of which must be answered lest an error message appear. BUT after answering all of those questions, the unsubscribe effort fails. Another ad emerges.

What I am seeking is an agency where this invasion of privacy can be reported. If the DOJ has a branch that deals with this question, please send me the URL.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fourls

Hi, BeckahC:

Have you tried that URL? I got Larry's Bulletin Board. Were you making a joke of my situation?

Fourls

Oh no!!! I'm sorry! I always edit before I hit post, but I missed the 3rd "B". I certainly didn't mean anything but to help. The Better Buisness Bureu has helped me with similar problems in the past, I hope that they help you too! BeckahC

I find that the unsubscribe is just another way of the companies getting more info from you as well as seeing that the e-mail address actually exists.
I have found the best solution is to just delete the e-mail and enter their address in your junk-mail settings.

My friends also like to bombarde the companies with spam from time to time to get their own back.....but of course that is illegal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back