Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help passing Object parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

eharris

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
Thanks for your time.

I have the following code in a web page:

<td align="left" bgcolor="#e1d5c5" width="681" height="400"><OBJECT data="pgnviewer/ltpgnviewer.html?games.txt&ParsePgn=2&SetScoreSheet=2" type="text/html" name="pgnviewer" width="681" height="400"></OBJECT></td>

When I view the result in Firefox it displays fine. But when I display the result in Internet Explorer, the display indicates that the parameters "?games.txt&ParsePgn=2&SetScoreSheet=2" are not being passed on, and as a result only half of the result appears.

It is suppose to produce a chess board on the left, which does display, and a score sheet on the right, which is missing. It is the score sheet that needs those parameters.

Any help is appreciated.

The parameters are being passed on alright - but the browser is not doing what you expect. I noticed the same thing with Safari on MacOSX (which did much as you said) and then Firefox on MacOSX (which worked fine).

Those wanting to see a sample URL for this:

It looks to me like this solution is falling over when it attempts to dynamically generate the frameset. Have you tried IE7 on Windows? It might work fine for you.

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page @ Code Couch
[/tt]

What is Javascript? FAQ216-6094

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back