Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help opening a Pervasive Database or BTR files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambientguitar

Programmer
Apr 23, 2006
GB
I have installed

PSQL Control Center

PSQL Install Version 13.30.035.

Java Version 1.8.0_31.

Copyright © 2018 Actian Corporation

When I try to connect to database I am asked for logon I give Windows logon details
Immediately get a 7011: Insufficient access rights. Any ideas? I don't use Pervasive too often.

You'll need to specify the username / password for the database. Depending on your settings that might not be a Windows login but a database user. Have you contacted the vendor of the data you are trying to access to see how they have security defined for the database?

Mirtheil

Thanks Mirtheil! I will try that. Although , I am not confident they'll be forthcoming as customer is changing vendors.

Are you on the machine where the PSQL engine (and database files) are located? Now that I think about it, the 7011 usually isn't usually a database security issue but a different kind of permission issue.
How exactly are you trying to connect / open the database? What are the steps you are taking?

Mirtheil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back