Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help on Informatica server service is not started properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

survu

Programmer
Apr 5, 2002
US
Hi,

when i used to connect to server from server manager, its generating error message like this.

Failed to connect to server.
Request to update server temp_server not successful.

I found that Informatica service is not started.
when i tried to start the service, it is started and immediately disconnected.
How to start the service permanently with out stopping.
I am using version 4.7 on windows 2000 server.

thanks,
suresh

Go to services window. Double-click on the Informatica service. Go to Logon tab and select ur account again and give the password(if u have any) and click OK and then run the service again.

hi suresh,
i think you have some problem with the server settings, i dont check your application log, and see the message, you can find why the service is not started from the application log, so just open application log from your system and check the error ô¿ô Kishore

Hi ,
i got ur problem.

1) i think ur server is running under diffrent repository.goto server services and check the repository and under which DSN source ur server is running.

2) check all the user id's and pwd sometimes it will give problem also.

just go to Even viewer you can see application log, error log and event log there

start->programs->administrative tools->event viewer

ô¿ô Kishore

it mean while configuring the server you have configured it to connect to another repository.
in the server configuration enter the correct repository name in the repository tab. and then try to start the server.

ô¿ô Kishore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back