Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need HELP Mail box recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

russeder

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2003
FR
A manager here had his mails setup in a offline pst on his hard disk, I then setup web mail so they can access there mails over the internet but the problem was that this manager wasn't able to see his mails cause they are offline on his hard disk. So I imported them on the exchange server,but little did I know that he had 3 old directories with mails setup in his mail box on the server, but I ran into problems and had to delete is online mail box and recreate it not knowing that those directories where there.
So my question is if I resote from backup tape the "priv.edb" "mail boxes are not backed up per user" and use an application like Ontrack "Power Controls" will this be able to restore those dorectories ?????? Pls advise he is doing his NUT

The way that I use to restore with the priv.edb is as follows:

1. Load Exchange on either a non-exchange server in your domain or bring a new server online.

2. When loading exchange DO NOT join your existing organazation or site.

3. Restore your priv.edb to the new server in the new organazation or site.

4. Open his mailbox on that server and create a .pst

5. Take the .pst to the manager and have import the information back into his inbox.

Now he has all of his information back on your production exchange server. Remember this cannot be done on a production exchange server or it will change EVERYONES information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back