Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help installing NWADMN32 5.1.9F

Status
Not open for further replies.

peobody

Technical User
Sep 5, 2001
US
Just tried installing NWADMN32 5.1.9F. Two issues came up that I could use some help with.
First, the contents of the \SNAPINS\INI folder contains long file names. Does long file name support need to be added to SYS or can this folder be ignored?
Second, help file (NWADMN32.HLP) is not included in ADMN519F.EXE. Checked NW4SP8A and NW4SP9A. It's included in every language but English. Netware web sites show it only available in support packs for 5, 5.1 and Zenworks. Since I'm using 4.11 I'd hate to have to download an SP just to extract a .hlp file. Anyone know of an alternate download location?

BrianG

I have long name support added on all of my servers but I would guess that it cannot be ignored if you need any of the snapins for the products they refer to. I would just add the long name support. If you don't want to, you can just install Nwadmin on your local pc, it runs much faster locally anyway. As far as the help file, on one of my 4.11 servers it is located in:
sys:public\win32\Nls\English\Nwadmn32.hlp (dated 10/6/98, 684KB)

Hope that helps,

Mark ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back