Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help in finding software for networking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESLAN

Technical User
May 28, 2008
UA
I am new to networking and was just wondering...what software can you suggest me for network designing? Except AutoCAD.[sadeyes] Maybe you are using a good software that you can share with? I will be greatful for any advice.[peace]

If you're looking at diagramming, take a look at Visio. One added benefit is with some smart searching, you can find free shapes for a LOT of network equipment, some of which approach photo realistic renderings.

I believe the Enterprise Edition can even do auto discovery and some automatic diagram generation.

_____
Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

listen Eslan! I know this program. Its is CableProject CAD. I recently have bought this software for network cabling design. It is very chiep and easy to use. I created project in 10 minutes and recieved reports with estimation automatically. So try and you Eslan!

listen Eslan! I know this program. Its is CableProject CAD. I recently have bought this software for network cabling design. It is very chiep and easy to use. I created project in 10 minutes and recieved reports with estimation automatically. So try and you Eslan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back