Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help/HowTo create OO distributed app

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALInux

Programmer
Oct 28, 2005
NG
Hi ..Iam using Cbuilder 6 ...Proffesional edition..I am trying to create a distributed application...I have already created the client object and the server object ..what I need to do now is to make them interact...Ive searched alot and I really cant find an article that takes me step by step through the process ..Iam familiar with DCOM and CORBA "theoretically at least"..but I need a hands on ..tutorial...
Thanx for any suggestions or help...

Did you look at faq101-993 and faq101-1000?

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Thanks for your continous support..James...I will take a look and then get back to you

Ive read the link about the winsock client you gave me and Ive taken alook at the Indy TCP client..Lets suppose that I have a client that has an object called systemState and it has three public fuctions one called logoff one called restart and a third one called shutdown and each of the functions takes an integer as an argument for the time in seconds in the future when it should execute...
And on the server there is an object called stateServer which has a method called state and it indicates if a client must restart or not...

What I want to do is for the client to query method state in the object stateserver on the server if it is time to restart "or when the time for restart is" and then execute.. it's function.

I.e. I need to know how to call functions found on remote object ...where the object can be a server or a client...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back