Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help from Javascript gurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sina

Technical User
Jan 2, 2001
CA
Hello everyone.

I have a javascript, you can take a look at (click on the players or game tab to open.

Now here is the challenge.

How can I have a scrool bar in side here, so that when I write the text in there (text could be coming from database), unknown length. so that it will adjust dynamically for what ever the text size is.

If the scroll bar is not an option, how can I make it so that I can drag the corners and make it resize. like the one here
Another challenge is that, this only works with IE, How can I get this to work with Netscape.?

Thank you all for your help.

The links to your site aren't working but if I understand you correctly, you want to fill a text area with dynamic text. It's not necessary to use Javascript unless you want the user to make the text areas dissappear at will. You can use the <teatarea. tag and th escroll bar will appear as needed.

If you want to allow the user to make these areas go away then use pop-up windows and allow scroll bars. Again, the scroll bars will appear as needed. The pop-ups on dynamicdrive are neat but you're limited to browser versions. Better to use pop-ups until all browsers are on the same HTML, DHTML, XHTML, JS, & CSS page. There's always a better way...

Use <div style=&quot;overflow:scroll&quot;>content here</div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back