Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help for integrating an external program with Livelink

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanayurt

Programmer
Sep 27, 2007
TR
hi,
i'm trying to integrate an application written in java and running as an applet with the Livelink.Here the java application should be called from Livelink. I'm confused with the guidelines about the lapi and java sdk documentation of Livelink.should i develop a new module or using something like web services?can anyone help me to find a way to handle this issue..

thanks

best regards

yasemin

Very unclear of what you are asking LAPI exposes almost all kinds of livelink server gui actions to a programming language such as C,C#,C++,Java,VB,VB.net.This has existed almost circa 1999 or before.Oscript si what the app is written in and youw ould use it to extend livelink.Java SDK came as an alternative to the oscript language.Why typically you can do with oscript theoretically you can do with java(I have no java sdk knowledge).The lapi offering was erlier bundled as a web service called live servioes.Now what I have been haering is with livelink 10 there will be true web services available

Now if all you are trying to do is to make an in h ouse java program talk with livelink,use lapi or if you are on 9.6 and up you can call java from inside oscript(static methods only)

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back