Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help finding my taskbar and desktop icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsaemdi

Technical User
Jan 25, 2002
CA
I got a virus w32.spybot.exe and got rid of it and back door trojen but now when i boot up my screen is blank all i have is wall paper and one vid window no taskbar or desktop icons i whent into controll panel throw system menue but the taskbar and startup icon won't let me in to make any changes almost like i info to carry out the function is go everything else work but it is a BIG PAIN with no taskbar or desktop icons Please Help Me.

If you're using Win 98 or 98 SE, then start in MS-DOS, select 'Command Prompt', type scanreg /restore, and select the earliest dated Registry.
If you're using Win ME or XP, then do a system restore and select a date which precedes the date when the problem started.
In both cases, you will have to uninstall and reinstall all programs that were installed between the current date and the restored date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back