Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help editing PDFs...Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokiehistorycom

Technical User
Jun 12, 2009
US
I am designing a website where I have been convertings archived newspaper articles that are on microfiche to TIFFs and then convert the TIFFs to PDF's. It has been working great and very easy to do. My issue is I would like to eventually edit all the PDF's so that instead of showing all the articles on the newspaper, I could just show the article I need and delete the other articles to make it easier to follow & read.

I have attached one of the many PDFs ( that I have created so that you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. As you will see, the part I want to keep is the Virginia Tech vs. Kentucky game information and delete everything else around it that has nothing to do with the game. Is there a way to do this easily with Adobe Acrobat 9 or is there another program I should use to edit PDFs? I would appreciate ANY advice you can give me. Thanks.

Simplest thing:
Take your TIFF, open it in any image editor, e.g. Irfan View, draw a rectangular mask around the article, crop it, and save it to a seperate file, which in turn you can PDF again of course...

[navy]"We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill."[/navy]
- The Bastard Operator From Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back