Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help Creating Watermarks with Logos - NOT Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

sconwell

Technical User
Feb 14, 2007
US
I have been provided with 20 different logos that are JPG, EPS or TIF files. My client would like this logo collage to look like a watermark, but placed on a gray background for his website. I think he wants them to look embossed -- on the light gray background -- like a ghosted image, if you will. I have done text watermarks over photo images, but not sure how to do this, with logos in different formats (most are JPG).

Any help or direction would be so helpful!

Thanks!!!

Also... I forgot to mention I am on CS2 on a PC.

Thanks!

If you are used to working with one format, then change them to all be tiffs etc.

There's nothing to say you have to keep them in their original format.

Once they are greyed (ghosted) back you won't be able the tell the difference anyway.

Marcus

you can try cutting out the logo so background is transparent, double click on the layer and go to layer styles, click on bevel & emboss. Play with settings.

Copy the background color from website, fill the color on a new layer. Play with opacity settings and crop to fit slice from website. You can also make a mask and use the eraser tool with soft brush and go crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back