Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help creating a Chart to compare groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillJB

Programmer
Oct 18, 2007
US
I have a data table of Prices and dimensions Grouped By locations.Each Location has a different number of objects to show. I am trying to create a chart to compare the different groups. This chart is currently in Excel. We are trying to convert all reports to Crystal Reports. (XI R2).
I have tried two different charts, Line and XY scatter. The Scatter Shows the data as it is But it will not group by location. When I try the Line chart It keeps trying to Summarize. The Data is from a SQL Server Stored Procedure

Thank for any assistance
Bill

Not quite sure what you're doing, but if you don't want to summarize, but are forced to, try using a maximum and see if that gives you the correct results.

-LB

Thank for the suggestion. Using The Max did not work. What Im trying to do with this chart is show a Line with Markers at Data point for each Location for a comparison of Price to Dimension for each locations product. Each Location has as range of products that we are comparing. In Excel we created a series for each location and used as xy scatter chart.I have used Group by in the stored Procedure and in crystal. I have been able to create chart close to this using the XY scatter Chart but I can not group Products with the location I have to use for each record and Manually set the Color for each location. But the items do not connect a line to each of its products. I hope this clears up what I am trying to do.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back