Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help, can you bind a graphic to a path?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artmaker

Technical User
Jun 26, 2007
US
Hi, new here, hope I can get this.

In a very old version of Freehand I could do this. Create a circle, make some graphic, and I forgot how but there was a way to duplicate that little graphic and have it repeat righht around the circle.

You can do this with type. USED to be a way to do this with a graphic too.
I trashed my old version of freehand and have oh, I think it's version 11 now?
I cannot FIND how to do this.

It was a handy trick to make uniform graphics. To do this manually is a ROYAL pain!!!!! Try to copy the little grahic, then rotate it just the right amount, and no matter how I try I can never make it just the right size to end up filling the circle just right. If I could bind them to the path as with type, all I'd have to do is expand or shrink the circle. The grahics attached to it would move. NO more!

(also... I'm not a big illustrator user but if there is a way to do this in illustrator I'd be prompted to learn the thing. Pen tools are a pain which is why I won't let freehand go.)

Fine and graphic artist for hire.
Visit my Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back