Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help building database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klssri

MIS
Nov 5, 2001
US
I am having problems thinking this through. We are a non-profit agency and each year we have a major fundraiser where we sell items. We usually end up with the same people coming back each year. This is what I think I need. I want one table that would hold the buyer information that we could use each year and do a search on to see if they are already in the system. I would have another table that would change every year that would include the items for sale. We know what item we will have to sell before the actual sale, so we can input all this information in ahead of time, except for the actual selling price. One buyer could buy many items. Each item does have a unique ID number that could be used. I want our workers to be able to search the buyers table to see if the buyer is in the system before they enter them. Within the same screen I would like them to be able to select the item the person is buying and fill in the rest of the information for the item. This sounds like it should be simple but I am not getting it. I then need to print out a report that shows the details of what the person bought. Any ideas?

There is various fundraising software out there as well - I helped at a fundraiser for the blood center in Seattle last year, part of the system (they bought) even did the visa card info so the people could pay on their way out of the fundraiser (auction/dinner). You might just want to ask other non-profits in your area what they use.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back