Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help; book / tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveyEdgar

Technical User
Jul 8, 2002
US
Greetings!
I could use your advice. I'm looking for a book or website with comprehensive lengthy information on not just building access databases, but on how to build them efficiently as in what are the best naming conventions; when to use code,sql,or querys; how best to set up relationships etc.

I already know how to build access databases, but they are messy. I'd sure like to know how to build them efficienlty and learn more sql and code for building them.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

An advanced search in this forum for posts with 'book' in the subject line will return several posts.

Don't forget to get a book on Normalization. If your tables are not normalize, the rest of your database work is basically worthless.

As for books, I highly recommend the Access Desktop Developer's Handbook and Access Enterprise Developer's Handbook by Litwin, Getz and Gunderloy.

These two books go way beyond any other Access books I've ever come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back