Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help adding line four to MICS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralexz

Vendor
Jan 14, 2004
US
We are an AVAYA, Panasonic and Comdial dealer.

We have a customer that has some Norstar ICS 4.1's in some small offices. They have ICS Rel 4.1 with three lines and four stations. They want to add an additional line. I now have info on the pinouts for the trunking.

It appears that they have the following programmed on their sets

Line 1 Pinned out to line 1
Line 2 Pinned out to line 2
Line 3 Pinned out to line 28

These are the first three buttons on their sets. The fourth button is labeled "speed dial" but does not appear to be programmed.

I have new line (fourth line) cross cut to Line 3 (Slate/white pair 5). Customer has password to access programming.

Can someone offer up detailed steps to add this line in the software and program buttons accordingly on the telephone sets.

Appears that Norstar documentation is available only to Nortel dealers.

Thanks for any and all help.

Rob

Ok, well theres still a lot more i would need to know to give you an accurate answer. First of all can you tell me what ICS it is i.e Compact CICS or Modular MICS?

It also sounds like you have no idea about Norstar, for instance 'line 3 Pinned out to line 28' is almost certainly wrong and not being able to get the system to give you confirmation of how buttons are programmed is simply end user administration.
It's not my intention to sound rude and i am quite happy to give advice and a bit of help....thats why we're on this forum. But would it not be advisable to get someone who knows the systems at least from basics to maintain it for you.

If you reply to my earlier question (cics or mics) i will try to help any way.
Good luck

Graham
graham.b@ashtelecom.co.uk
Ash Telecommunications Ltd

I have to agree with norstartecky… I would just sub a tech who knows norstar. If you work on other systems you must be aware of all the other programming required when adding a line. Its not just matter of a x-connect. You have to tell the system where it should appear, where it should ring, if it is in a pool, if it is answered by voice mail, if it has CLID, plus many other things. But, if you really want to try, you can get the documentation at many places online. Just do a search.

In fact, here is a link where you can get the manuals for free…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back