Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help Adding Images with InvokeHelper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bm5034

Programmer
Oct 13, 2006
US
Can anyone help me with adding images to an ImageList control, using an InvokeHelper call?

This is the type information I pulled for the Add method of the ListImages interface:

[id(0x00000002), helpstring("Adds a ListImage object to a ListImages collection and returns a reference to the created object."), helpcontext(0x0003347a)]
IImage* Add(
[in, optional] VARIANT* Index,
[in, optional] VARIANT* Key,
[in, optional] VARIANT* Picture);

In my code, I have this:

COleDispatchDriver rootDisp[1];
VARIANT Index;
VARIANT Key;
VARIANT Picture;
LPDISPATCH NewPic;
static BYTE params[] = VTS_VARIANT VTS_VARIANT VTS_VARIANT;
HBITMAP hBmp;
CBitmap bm;

// Load the bitmap image from disk
hBmp = (HBITMAP)::LoadImage(NULL, "image1.bmp", IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, LR_LOADFROMFILE);
bm.Attach(hBmp);

// Add image to the list
VariantInit(&Index);
VariantInit(&Key);
VariantInit(&Picture);
Index.vt = VT_I2;
Index.iVal = 1;
Key.vt = VT_BSTR;
Key.bstrVal = "Image1".AllocSysString();
Picture.vt = VT_VARIANT | VT_BYREF;
Picture.pvarVal = (VARIANT*)&bm;

// (Note... rootDisp[curRootIndex] already has dispatch for ListItems property...)
rootDisp[curRootIndex].InvokeHelper(0x02, DISPATCH_METHOD,
VT_DISPATCH, (void*)&NewPic, params, &Index, &Key, &Picture);

I've confirmed that the bitmap is being loaded, and that I have a valid handle to the bitmap object. Also, I know that rootDisp[curRootIndex] has a valid dispatch pointer for the ListImages property, since I can successfully use it to show the image count or remove images.

I'm not sure if parameters should be passed in reverse order. I've tried both ways, and I always get a runtime error when the Add method is called.

I think the method is expecting a pointer to a variant for the Picture parameter. But I'm not sure what this variant should contain. I'm guessing it should be a pointer to the bitmap object.

Any help would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back