Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help about Networker Backups error

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanidhar6039

Technical User
Dec 14, 2011
GB
Hi,

I am using Networker 7.4 with sp2 on RHEL 4. From past couple of day getting an error

Error: NetWorker media: (alert) Waiting for 1 writable volumes to backup pool 'PCE ALGERIA' tape(s) on jv1hmdts01

That would be really great if you could provide any information on how to resolve it as my production systems are running without back. I am very new with legato and havent got any experience with it.
I have tried restarting the service of networker on server and still have
the same issue

restarting: */etc/init.d/networker stop --> /etc/init.d/networker start*

When i have checked tapes with nsrjb -Cv at the bottom i realise the tape A00064L4(mounted/writ protected) i loaded it manually as its not picking any recylable tapes which it use to. The recylable option shows as yes but when mounted it shows as (mounted/writ protected)on all the tapes (out of 20)i presume all of them are in wrte protected mode thats why its not picking it up.

Is there any way to check if the write protected mode is kept by networker or its been kept on physical tape.

If its on networker is there any way to change it.

Any suggestions will be great.

Thanks,
Phani

Hi Phani,

If the tape is recyclable, NW would only overwrite it if you have turned on Auto Media Management for the jukebox. If not, you must recycle/relabel the media manually. If this still does not work, the media is protected by its WP notch. Of course you must switch this first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back