Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need good logo for webdesign busniess

Status
Not open for further replies.

tns123j

MIS
Dec 29, 2004
US
I need a logo for my web design business.
It would include an M and W (the intials of my company).
I have tred very ard to create a good one, but have had no luck.

Anyone willing to help me out here. I am sure there are people here who are 1000x better with PS than I.

It needs to be professional, yet creative still. Please help me out.

Post here if you are interested.

I am trying to understand. You opened you business already or not? What exactly your company will do in the Web field? It will be interesting to give some more explanations so you can get what you want faster.

Be nice folks. A lot of web "design" today is not about graphics but about things like developing a databases tied to web (Like the filemaker db that run TekTips), writing scripts in various languages, etc.

If someone came to me and asked me to write a lot of PHP in the backend, I'd be lost. I could make some pretty page designs, but the scripting would have to be done by someone else.

That'd be web development then.

Fair point though I guess.

So, looking at tns123j's posting history here I see (s)he has made 2 posts. The one we are in and this one ( thread216-975133 ).

Isn't it against the rules to post job/work requests here anyway? I'm not clear on this so I may well be wrong.

Slightly off topic, but I'd hope any web designer would be able to design sites that work as web sites not just make something that looks good and hand it all over to a developer to actually implement it. Web design is about so much more than just the aesthetic quatlity of a page and web designers should understand the fundamentals of what goes on behind the scenes and indeed from a user perspective. But that's a pet niggle of mine I will save for another thread/rant ;-)
(incidentally, that wasn't a dig at you jmgalvin - just my pent up frustration eeking it's way to the surface)

Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web design and ranting
Toccoa Games - Day of Defeat gaming community
Target Marketing Communications - Advertising, Direct Marketing and Public Relations
"I'm making time

If we are interested, how much does the design work for you pay?

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Actually boys and girls my company is over a year old. I have done all my graphic design and layouts for previous jobs.

I am just finally getting them time to develop my own site. I DO have an existing logo (mulqueenwebdesign.com), but I think it sux. I want something more professional and creative.

Thanks for all the GREAT laughs here guys.

I actually already found a designer to work on the project.

Thanks anyway.

wow chill Foamcow

I have many creative talents, print, photography, painting illustration sewing, visual communications, but do i have a logo, NO! SOmetimes it a challenge to describe yourself in a logo. Sometimes doctors can't treat their own children! Does that make sense?

I can decorate a client's house top to bottom in a week, but can't pick out one sofa for my own in a months time.

Just a point ... the business is called "Mulqueen Web Design" which might make the logo three letters "MWB" ... unless you made the word WebDesign one word (which you currently don't), then you could use just "MW".

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that ""Mulqueen" should be the focus of the logo with "web design" in much much smaller type ... Kicking out the "M" and possibly the "Q" in Mulqueen (maybe kicking up the "Q" will get you into a dustup with your relatives ... I don't know).

"MW" in large caps is good for the side of a truck, but may be too industrial for a web design company.

However, "M" and "W" certainly resemble one another (in an inverted way) so my first impulse would be to tuck them into each other (if I owned a truck).

Logos are indeed difficult to create. The best ones can be recognized from outer space ... or at least from a distance. Colors can be important too.

If I knew the answer ... I'd be a guest star on "The Apprentice" by now.

Good luck with it!

Incidentally ... that "midland type setters" logo.

Am I supposed to be standing on my head when I read that?

Ouch!

Hey, I like my logo, it's simple, to the point and mine explains what I do, and the name of my business; which is transferable to different media (business cards etc) as a logo should.

Oh, and I was only asking questions.

You were having a go at his business name
However, "M" and "W" certainly resemble one another (in an inverted way) so my first impulse would be to tuck them into each other (if I owned a truck).

Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back