Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need General Direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2003
US
Hi All
Can someone refer to me a article or any website that teaches Multiple Sub Forms in a main form. I have couple of books, but they only give example on simple Parent/Child form. Let me give you my scenario. I would like to create a form that will use a combo box to select the patients. After the patients are selected it fills in the patient information in the text boxes. If user updates any of these fields, it should be saved under Patients table. Secondly, I would also want s subform to show patient visit detail (visit ID is auto generated). The CHALLENGE is that I would like the form to be showed in Data Entry Mode, but I would also like the form to be viewed in Edit mode as well. Can someone please direct me to a proper source of learning about forms or give me ideas to solve my siutaion.

Thanks in Advance!

From what you describe I would suggest that:
a) you consider using a tabbed form with the specific blocks of related data on the various tabbed pages.

b) you utilise the same form for data entry (New record) as well as display/edit of existing records.
The code to set a new record is relatively straightforward.

c) Don't try to jump too far too soon - it can be very frustrating and you will end up with multple problems which then interact to drive you crazy...
Do small jumps often - it's easier to recover...
Good luck

Frank J Hill
FHS Services Ltd.
frank@fhsservices.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back