Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Free Cisco router Labs for practise over internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

funcisco

Technical User
Dec 25, 2010
IN
I am preparing for CISCO CCNA test and also for my job practice, I need some free router on internet to practice some setup , if any one know about free router labs on internet please let me know.

Thanks,
Regards,

fun,

Cisco use to host a couple but they are no longer available. Sites like internetworkexpert offer virtual labs but alas they are not free. GNS3 is free but requires an IOS and is not a virtualized/internet solution. It is an emulator. You may wish to check into some non-free software like Boson or PacketTracer. Now you did say for work as well which would mean that you probably have access to an IOS. That said, perhaps GNS3 is a possibility. Otherwise, visit internetworkexpert.com and buy some rack time.

Finally, a real lab is the best option. Check eBay and cablesandkits.com as well as Wendel Odoms articles, readily available from this forum, and hardware recommendations which is also prevalent throughout this forum. Sorry, but I have nothing free to offer that is web-based.

Billy Haines
CISSP Associate, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

funcisco,

If you really want it, it might be time to "pony up" and invest in a lab as well as YOUR future......

Billy gave you some good info above!!

And there is a ton of FREE stuff on the Internet if you just look, but many of the free lab access of years ago are now rented by the hour, which they really should be.....

If someone is going to pay for the bandwidth, the routers, cables, switches and electricity, then they should get something to offset :)

3 routers and 2 switches - I bet you could get most of it for less than $600. I would hope YOUR future is worth $600 but if not I am sure you can find a good sim or read up on GNS3 !!!

Good luck !!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

For beginning I am not ready to invest on routers. At least I am looking to learn basics of routing and switching and when I am comfortable about the subject I will invest on real routers and write the exam.

I found one which they are giving some free labs for practice and I have taken 2 router setup and I am doing some practice. I will update once I complete this lab. But for now the access is fast and looks good prating on internet.

Thanks your response.

howtonetwork.net is a wonderful site. The list of helpers and training and tutorials is endless, as well as lab practice. One can sign up for $1 7 day trial, but after you'll wanna pay the $29 a month, I think it is. It's that good. Check out CCNA60 while you're there!
I'm with you, too new to all this to purchase bunch o stuff like routers and switches...or is it I'm scared? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back