Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Frames alternative - Need Menu always visible 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

slakker

MIS
Jun 5, 2003
US
Hi all.. sorry for that very abbreviated subject.. I just tried to jampack as much in there as I could :)

So, what I need is my main menu to be visible on my page at all times.. for example.. I have a table with 4 Rows, and 1 Column.. Header row, empty row, Contents row, and then footer row on the bottom..

This page would normally have a lot of info in the contents cell.. when user scrolls through page, reading the info, they won't see the main menu anymore.. I really do not want to use frames.. is there an alternative?

Thanks in advance

<style>
header-table { position: fixed }
</style>

<tr class="header-table">..cells.. </tr>

Harlequin007 said:
and I have not disabled source content viewing.

And what made you think this was possible?! [lol]

<marc> i wonder what will happen if i press this...[ul][li]please tell us if our suggestion has helped[/li][li]need some help? faq581-3339[/li][/ul]

from Harlequin007's site:
Code:
<script>
if (!document.layers)
document.write('<div id="divStayTopLeft" style="position:absolute">')
</script>
<layer id="divStayTopLeft">
blah blah I stay where I am positioned
</layer>
position:absolute is the key//

"disabled source content viewing" = "prevent from coping image"....a dead topic.
BTW Harlequin007s if u post the link I will post your source....this topic is D.O.A.
HTH
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Its just that that is a very touchy subject around here. The point of the outrage is that "Of course viewing the source is enabled, it is impossible to DISABLE source viewing!"

Except for your server side processing, all code can be viewed and stolen. You can only make is harder for a season. And since we are talking about a menu, you absolutely could not hide the code for it, so that was an irrelevant statement.

I'm not mad, but like I said, it is a touchy subject around here, and I am just trying to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back