Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need file info and Crystal info please for Great Plains

Status
Not open for further replies.

markajem

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
US
I have been asked by my old employer to return and create some Crystal reports. But since I worked there last they have installed Great Plains as their business application software. I was working with Macola when i was there and had no problems accessing the database. I have no experience with Great Plains and how it stores the data nor the datafile structure and even know if Crystal can access the data. I am hoping it can. Also I am not scheduled to go in the office until mid Sept to start these Cyrstal Projects. I wanted to get a little bit of a jump headstart on this project and at least become familiar with thier database structure and their data files so when i sit and speak to the employees that need these specific reports i can start associating the files to their needs etc. It is quite impossible for me to go to the office prior to this and start even if i offer to do it for free because i will be stepping on toes at this point. So i do need to wait til mid Sept to be able to do this.

Is there anywhere that i can get from the internet the files so i can see what they look like and become familiar with the files, records and fields?

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks
Mark

Mark,

Great plains dynamics uses pervasive and .ddf files and works very similarot Macola. CLick on file.ddf and the tables are available to you.

Let me know if you have any questions. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

it can also be MS SQL based. in either case Dynamics file names are not very 'user friendly'. If you can get a copy of the Dynamics cd, there's a program under the \dev folder that has all the table structures. also if the company subscribes to Dynamics CustomerSource you can log onto the web page to research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back