Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need fax extension to select CO trunk line instead of intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsmith5401

Vendor
Feb 11, 2009
US
Inbound faxes are working correctly - hunt group with only the one fax extension. However, I cannot get the fax to grab a CO trunk line outbound - it always grabs an intercom line. I have changed the ALS but I get the same result. There are only 3 CO trunk lines and line 3 is dedicated for inbound faxing and outbound dialing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My understanding is that you cannot set ALS (even though you may have the option) for analog ports on the combo card and possibly the Phone 2 card, however you can on the Partner ETR module which runs both ETR Partner Phones as well as single line devices. I had the same issue and had to install the ETR card just for the three fax machines I had. Otherwise, in your case, you have to dial 9 to access a dial tone in round robin fashion.

Hope this helps.

Mike

With release 9, you now have the option to set ALS on the combo cards's analog ports.

Dan

Live every day as if wild dogs were chasing you!!
Wild dogs....everyday....LIVE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back