Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need extension to ring at admin's desk first...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2004
US
Hi,

I'm very new to working with phone systems (IT background) so please forgive my ignorance. I'm trying to get x125 to first ring at the admins extension (x159) for three rings and then to ring 3 times at the normal extension and finally go to voicemail if not answered. I've tried to setup a line button with Primary Cover and use a delay on x125 but the admin's phone also delays before ringing. I did find an option on the server to enter a covering extension but that didn't seem to help. Any help is appreciated. System is Merlin Legend, Avaya Server, Lucent MLX-10DP phones.

Thanks, Dan

OK, forget the server, it has nada to do with this!

Put a PRIMARY COVER BUTTON for ext 125 on ext 159. WITH NO DELAY !

The default ringing patterns should allow calls to 125 to ring for 3 times at ext 159 before going to ext 125's mailbox.

Let us know how this works out!

Alright, this is weird. That is what I tried originally but both extensions ring at the same time (I believe 6 times total). There is no delayed ring on x159. Any ideas?

On the extension that is to delay ring, go into programming, press the cover button, it should say PriCovxxx - I. Press *36, and teh button. It shuold now say SecCov xxx-D. At that point you have the delay coverage. Anytime the primary coverage is used, then all phones with promary coverage ring simultaneously. The "-D" has to be ther to get it to delay. OR use Sedcondary Coverage instead of Delayed Primary Covrage. There are actually layer of coverage that work in this sequence: Primary, Delayed Primary, Secondary, Delayed Secondary, and finally Group, which is usually Voice Mail. You can even have groups cover or "overflow" to another group, but that's another story.

Pepperz@charter.net

Ok, I posted the wrong ext in my second post. Pepperz's post works great for doing the opposite of what I need. Here's a new summary of what's needed:

person calls x125 (boss)
admin's phone (x159) rings 3 times
then x125 rings 3 times after admin if phone isn't answered (or both ring together - either one works)
x125's voicemail receives call

Setting up a PriCov 125-I on x159 makes both extensions ring at the same time for a total of 6 rings. Putting a delay on the line of x125 (e.g. SysAcc Ring - D) will also delay the PriCov on x159.

Thanks again, Dan

Make the boss a different extension number entirely.

Make x125 an adjunct extension, with coverage to voice mail.

Put a Primary Coverage - Immediate Ring x125 button on x159

Put a Primary Coverate - Delayed Ring (or Secondary Coverage - Immediate or Delayed Ring) on the Boss's new extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back