Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need dynamic column headings on crosstab report

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunacol

Programmer
Jan 29, 2001
GB
I have a crosstab report which shows all the staff in the first column and the status of all their leads along the top. However, if no one has a lead with a particular status then the entire report does not run. The query works great but the report has hard coded in all the different statuses at the time it was created. Is there a way to make these headings dynamic?

Do you really need to make them dynamic or does it work to simply enter all of the possible statuses in the Column Headings property of the crosstab query?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

I have entered all the possible statuses in the report header and if all the statuses appear in my records then it works great. However, quite often none of the leads have a particular status value and this is when my report wont work - it comes up with error that it cant find that particular status (i.e. cant find 'New') then the whole report doesnt run. I hope that makes sense. I am hoping there is a way to just show the status headings of the status values that appear in my current record list?

Sorry I was not aware there were any properties in the query. I look it up on line and found it out how to get to it and it seems to work thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back