Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need direction on how to recreate effect 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjnelson81

Programmer
Jan 18, 2008
US
Could anyone help give me some direction on how to re-create the gradient background in this image. I am having trouble getting to look right. I am somewhat new to illustrator. I would like to make a similar background for a chart to stick on an HMI.

Chart.gif

...no image is viewable on this thread...

Andrew

...actually it is probably my machine playing up...

: )

Andrew

...anyway, it can be done with the gradient mesh tool with a few tweaks with handles...

...do you have CS2 or CS3?

...or in photoshop if you have it...

Andrew

I have cs2. I am attempting to add the image again, when I previewed the post, everything was fine but now I can't see the pic either. Here is another attempt. You can also view it here
I think it has something to do with the stupid site that hosts my content. The above link is your best bet

Chart.gif

...basically, create a box filled with black, then click the mesh tool in the tool bar (left of the gradient tool)...

...hover over the black box and click once, then change the color of that point that is created, the more you click with the tool them more points you add...

...each point can have it's own color and will blend and bend depending on how the handles are adjusted for each point...

...this is what can be achieved using this tool alone:

..and a tutorial here:

Andrew

-Thanks for the help, I think that will kick me in the right direction.

AI 10 has a mesh tool- does it act as a gradient mesh? Having trouble getting it to work. Tried the above listed tutorial.
thanks!
-E

(DISCLAIMER: Self-taught AI user; unorthodox methods w/good results)
'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back