Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Design Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaSea

Vendor
Sep 22, 2005
US
School District with a MICS 4.1 and with a NAM (release unknown as of now), Currently has DID trunks and centex. Wants to add PRI. (60 Ext) This is no issue.

They want to put a MICS in the High School(another 60-65 Phones) and connect the 2 via a PTP. All outbound calling would go out over the PRI via the PTP connection. I would assume 911 could be handeled by a couple of Centrex lines at the HS on the system. Can all VM be handled by NAM at Main Offices? Is this Design a good idea? Would it be better to just put in a PRI at each and add a CP VM to the HS new system?

Thanks in advance...

MICS 4.1 cannot do centralized voicemail

Point to point PRI between the 2 systems
Adv Networking keycode on both systems
the abv 2 are required and both hte systems and VM need to be upgraded

The HS would be a new 7.0a and I was considering up grading the other site too. Of that is the case, would it be a recommeded solution or better to keep both seprate and add VM to New Hs system and forget the PTP.

I would put a BCM400 at the High School and use its Internal Callpilot.

The Nam at the Schoold district is MD and you should start looking at a replacement plan to avoid prolonged downtime in the future. Repalcing the Norstar with a BCM will allow you to reuse all your Norstar sets

Either way if the PTP would only be used for messaging applications, the ROI on a standalone system would be fairly quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back