Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need code to put behind a button in access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phideaux

Technical User
May 1, 2003
US
I need to come up with the correct code to put behind a button so that after the button is clicked one time the form will not display in the future when the DB opens. it's for a EULA agreement and displaying once at the first startup is what i'm looking for. At present this form will open before the switch board but i only need it to open one time. not each time the DB is run.

Phideaux

The mind is the best toy.
Play with someone else's often

Phideaux,

In general terms, what you need to do is to have a startup form which can be set to invisible, so it won't show. Alternatively, it can be turned into a splash screen for your application.
On this form, you have code to check whether the EULA has been agreed to (its simply checking that a particular field in the db has been set to yes). If not, open the EULA form to display and if the operator clicks "Disagree" or "No" just close the application.
If they click Yes or Agree, set the flag to true then close this, set the flag in the table and open the switchboard.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back