Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need CFFILE to write to network directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue186

Programmer
Dec 11, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm writing to an XML file but it only works when I specify a local drive: Such as:

<!--- LOCAL DIRECTORY --->
<cffile action=&quot;Write&quot;
file=&quot;d:\Inetpub\output=&quot;#variables.FullXml#&quot;>

However, when I need to write it to a different network server, I get errors indicating that the file can't be found. Such as:

<!--- TEST ENVIRONMENT --->
<cffile action=&quot;Write&quot;
file=&quot;\\cse002\RAS_Printing\RASFORMCONFIG.xml&quot;
output=&quot;#variables.FullXml#&quot;>

I have already created a blank RASFORMCONFIG.xml file in the test environment to be overwrriten but it doesn't matter. I've also tried mapping. I still get the same error. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!

There might be a problem with your path that's why it can't be found. If your CF template is on the same directory as the XML file, try just using the file name and see if it works:

file=&quot;RASFORMCONFIG.xml&quot;

Otherwise, try experimenting opening the file in your Explorer window and copy/pasting the path (with file name added) to make sure the path is correct. There might also be problems with the case-sensitivity (is the file name spelled exactly the same as the existing one?) or file access permissions.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back