Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need best way to handle table of numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmoody

Technical User
Oct 8, 2001
US
I have a list of model numbers that may or may not change. What is the most common way of handling a table. Do we use "ini" files?? Back in the old days I would have just declared them in a header file and then recompile if something was added. Later in life I would use a "flat" text file, but all these seem like 80's coding. What do we do in the 21st century?? Thanks in advance
Tim Moody

Use the registry?? What if this "table" grows quite large. Maybe you could point me to some information about using the registry like this?? To me, to registry has always been "the forbidden zone". Sounds sooooo scary!
Thanks
Tim Moody

Consider using XML - it really is a flat text file, but by creating a schema or DTD, you can define your own tags that will allow for intelligent reading of the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back