Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need base color of image modified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwerba

Vendor
Mar 9, 2011
US
Downloaded Publisher templates from the web and need to change the base gradiant color on the side "arch" picture. I've tried everything I know and it's not working:
Highlighted picture/selected format picture/selected recolor/fooled around with brightness and contrast - still doesn't work. I need the base color to be HTML 2E6123 with gradiants. I hope I uploaded the file correct...thanks for your help!!

Hi Bwerba

I am surprised that your action didnt work although possibly you just needed to change the web colour to an RGB colour which to get the equivalent settings you go to a site like which will tell you that for colour 2e6123 they are 46 (red), 97 (green) and 35 (blue).

So create a shape to fill, say a box, that you can use as a reference. Go to Colour Fill > more colours > custom tab and type in the setting specified. This should colour the box to your 'base' colour.

Then select the 'arch' and do as you did > format > picture > recolour. The newly created colour should appear as an option in the recently part of the drop down colour pallet. Select that and OK then you will have to as you say 'fool around' with the contrast and brightness.
I downloaded your file so that answers your last question, and went through the process and it worked well. The brightness I set 23% and the contrast to 66% and this to my eye looked about right.

I uploaded my result as per link below so you can see - I would suggest that you give it another try but just make sure to convert colour to RGB
( or just use the one from my upload if it is close enough ! )

I hope that this helps.

Regards

Makonz

Hi Bwerba

Did you manage to resolve your colour modification issue ?

Regards

Makonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back