Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Authorization Code for CS3 disk reinstall...Adobe being stubborn (!@#$%^&*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonMedia

Technical User
Apr 23, 2011
US
Hello...

Had to perform a complete re-installation of Windows 7 Pro. Afterward, I installed Illustrator CS3 form the original disk. So...when I attempt to open the program...& type in the product serial #...the dialog attempts first to activate online, but will not. Then I try the phone activation system, which is no longer active.

Called adobe; & was having a hard time understanding the support tech, but I thought I understood him to say I cannot use that program anymore...that I have to start a subscription (???)

This cannot be the case...I paid $550 for the app; & it worked fine on Win 7 Pro 'till yesterday. I have the legal serial #...all I need is a damn authorization code (which I thought I had stored on my PC...but cannot find...seem to remember going thru something similar years ago, on a previous win 7 OS reinstall.

Can anyone help w/ this...this is not right...I need to use the app to finish creating a design for an upcoming CD release for my band.

thanx,

mw4man

Adobe shut down the activation servers for CS3. Similar to CS2, Adobe offered an optional download of CS3 that did not require activation. However, different from CS2's blanket serial number, CS3 users needed to request a new, unique serial number that did not require activation. If you persist with Adobe customer service, they might help.

Understanding that Adobe is a crusty turd in regard to honoring their old "perpetual" licensing, there are other options.

1)
Get Affinity Designer for $50 ( ) . It is supported on modern systems, is perpetually licensed without activation, should open your old Illustrator files, and its features far excel Illustrator CS3. Affinity also offers $50 alternatives for Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.

2)
Get the activation-free CS3 from somewhere other than Adobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back