Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need assistance: Installing New T1 for 5 digit dialing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techgoober

Technical User
Mar 15, 2006
US
I need help adding a new T1 to my Definity G3 ver11. I recently had the connection installed in the building, and the TN464gp and CSU120a3 will be here very soon. I just need help with the actual programming of the switch.
The company I work for has not paid for any maintenance in years and I have no formal Avaya training.

I am adding the T1 connection so we can have 5 digit dialing to a new sister loacation across the state.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

how many digits are you in now? 5?

ezncool
You cannot solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them.
-Albert Einstein

I currently use 4 digit to reach my in house extensions and the other half of the parent company.
we use 4000 series numbers here and 2000 series at the other half of the company. We are going to have to add 5 digit dialing to reach the new acquisitions because they reach several other locations that overlap our dial plan here. So I figured if you dialed a "5" that would get you out the new T1 and then 4 more digits to the new locations in the new acquisitions. Make sense?

Adding a T1:

Add DS1 01A01 (slot), complete t1 parameters

If isdn, Add Signalling group (number)

Add Trunk Group (number)

Looks like you will be playing with aar analysis 5

Rather than having them dial a 5 and then the extension easiest way is have them dial a 9 like they do for an outside line and then the extension. Add a route that has the trunk group number, FRL of 0 and nothing else. Then "ch ars ana 2", lenght of 4, that new route number, and call typ locl. If you use the 5 + extension you will need to change aar analysis

DonBott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back