Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2001
US
Hi,

I have finished two semesters of CCNA classes at the local college. I got a 99 on the first final exam and 98 on the second. I did the 5 router hands on practical and passed no problem.

I have the book from the last semester I have to go thru. Looks like 12 or so chapters.

LAN switching
VLANs
LAN Design
IGRP
ACLs
IPX
WANs
WAN Design
PPP
ISDN
Frame Relay

I think I should be able to finish this book in a couple of weeks and then just go take the tests. (I did notice there is no chapter on Appletalk)

I think I have a pretty good handle on it. I have been a network engineer (LAN) for 2 years (no routing) and have my own router at home.

Think its worth the shot?? I dont want to spent 3 more months to cover that little bit of info!

Thanks,

Tom Whaley
tom@the-whaleys.com

Oh man, you are gonna pass no problem. Just go do it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shnypr-small.gif

tech@shnypr.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW- appletalk IS on the test.. not much but it's there..

MikeS Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

i do not recall any apple talk questions on the test. It looks like you should have a good shot at passing.

Tip= when answering questions prior to the test indicate limited knowledge and hope for a easier test.

get alot of hands on training, and all will fall into place. My favorite saying is ( Heck I'm not affraid to take a system down. theres always ( usually ) <-- haha a way to get them backup. Good Luck!

Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

IF you are not planning on writing soon, then you also may want to learn more on the PPPoE protocol. I know that CCNA 2 doesn't have any questions on this, butt CCNA WILL. I can't for the life of me remember the retirement date for CCNA 2. But I would get in this test while you still can.

:) Serenity

jyates@golden.net
CCNA, MCSE (NT Track), A+, Network+, SCO CUSA, CNA
---------------------------------------
Switch where you can, router where you must!

you will have no problem with the exam..just make sure you review as always..i did not see any apple talk on my exam..good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back