Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Advice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

proflola

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2000
US
Our firm has developed a web-based application for a client. I've been doing statistical reports for the client in MS Access. Now, we'd like to incorporate those reports in the application. To use the reports, a form asks for a date range is displayed and then the user selects the date range and it passes those values on to the report.

The reports is showing statistics on several subjects and then displays a bar chart for each subject on the next page.

Anyone have any suggestions?

--SJD

The text reports are easy - you just embed the results in a web page generated using whatever web scripting language you use.
You just need to calculate those results on the web or application server or in the database rather than on the client.

The graphics are harder. Options as I can see are:
1. Search for charting activeX components that you can automate through your web application to generate the chart based on data.

2. Generate a graphic for your chart using techniques such as
John

I use Flashcharts as I use ASP, which also means that statistics and charts can be produced from live data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back