Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Advice: Small Workgroup Bakup Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtorres

MIS
Sep 25, 2002
US
I have just recently setup a small, 3 computer workgroup, and would like to find a device and software solution to backup data on all three of the machines. Total data across the three computers is around 10 - 20G.

I currently have a HP Colorado backup device, but with the problem of finding tapes and how slow the device backups data, I want to upgrade to something faster and more reliable.

I was looking at possibly an HP DVD burner, but I am not sure how this device would fit into my environment and how it will work with different backup software, CA or Veritas.

My other option is to purchase an HP surestore DLT vs80e.

I am not sure if either of these device are going to be "over kill" and there is another means of backup for my three computers. Also what software would work best to allow me to backup directories on the other two computers from the main system (server.

Also, the three computers in the workgroup are all running WindowsXP professional.

If anyone has suggestions or solutions, I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back