Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need advice on planning departmental asp.net website

Status
Not open for further replies.

cojiro

MIS
Mar 20, 2003
US
Hi All,
I'm considering setting up an internal website for my department at work. This site would be used for retrieval of data from databases throughout the company's infrastructure and other odds and ends. I'm trying to get an idea of what kind of hardware and software I would need to budget for and what kind of costs would be associated.

Here is some info on the scale I'm thinking about: there would never be more than 75 concurrent users and the site would probably get around 5000 hits on a heavy traffic day. We would be using asp.net 3.5 and a SQL Server database. The site would consist of about 50 pages with very little graphics and no video.

Any advice or direction you all can give me on what I would need and what it would cost would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back