Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need advice on business requirements and project templates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissan240zx

Programmer
Jun 26, 2005
US
Hello All,
I am starting a new project with a new company (existing company..I am new there).
I need some information on best practices and styles to create/collect business requirements, designing business rules, branding etc.
Any samples or templates would be really helpful as a start.

Also would like to know if there are any guidance or service provider websites who can help you do project documentation.

Thanks in advance..

Jimmy Nissan.

A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

Thanks for the link. its really useful.

Any advice on writing business requirements..

A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

I would say some UML and Use Cases would be good to have in Business Requirements, but you would need more then that. UML is definitely something you should have before you start coding though.

You first really just need to document what the client says they want into a readable format. After that you want to ask questions like how many users will this be for, who will use the application, how often will users use the program, will it be replacing an existing application, when do they want the project done, what roles/permissions will be required, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back