Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need advice on building a site in Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

terror

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
US
Hi all....
I've been out of Flash environment for almost a year now (been diving into dvd world and video effects). I have been asked to build an existing site in Flash environment and I need some opinions and advice on a pricing scheme and tools. The site is It looks pretty involved. These are associates of mine and I would like to give them a fair price. They are good people and I am not out to screw them over.
If anyone has time, please go thru the site, and let me know what you think. I think, for high bandwidth users, they want to make a version of the site that is more fun. But I also need to set up commerce part. Please, any input would be greatly appreciated! And some opinions on Flash MX. I understand that exporting a movie as flash 6 does not play in Netscape, anyone experience this?

thankyou kindly
(for those of you who visit flashkit, I've posted the same message there for as much feedback as I can get)
-Terror [ponder]

Terror,
This is just what I have deducted from similar experiences. Most of my clients are friends so things do get a little sticky when quoting prices. Recently, I have given them 3 options. I design 3 mockups each varying in amount of information and navigation possibilities. For the creation of these mockups, I charge anywhere between $45-75 an hour. I present these mockups. Each of the designs has a different quote based on amount of knowledge, skill and time that would be required to create the entire site. Usually, they end up mixing and matching options. I also charge more for time limits. If they are in a hurry, charge more. If my friends are short on cash; I make a deal to create the site for a percentage of the business they receive from the site.

Thanks for the advice Crowak....what about the shopping cart stuff? Do you see how they have it set up? How hard is that stuff to do with Flash? Is PHP the only way? Sorry for all the questions
-Terror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back