Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Addtional Fields for Order Entry Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanessa03

Technical User
May 13, 2003
US
I have Macola Progression 7.6 SQL 2008 R2/Designer & Flex. My problem is I have used all 5 of the UDF fields on the Oeordhdr table. I need 2 more fields for the order header, not line. If anyone has any suggestions on how to handle this I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

If you have flex, do you need all 30 char in each UDF field. Believe you could store two values in one field. Else create your own table and save and retrieve using flex.

So, If I break up 1 30 char UDF into 2, then how do I show two separate input fields on the order entry screen? Thanks for your help.

That programming. Use 2 VBA only fields, display only the left 15 chars in field 1 and the right 15 in field 2. Will have to concatenate field1&field2 and save in the user defined field of your choice.

That sounds great! But I have never added a vba only field. Where do you add that in designer? Thanks again!

It's been awhile since I used Flexibility with Progression.....but within Macola ES, when you are in Designer, you right-click an open area of the screen, left-click Special, left-click Add Entry Field. You should get prompted with a message about adding the field as the next number in the screen set...just click OK.

The VBA-only comes into play on the properties of the new field....right-click the new field and then left-click Properties. One of the check boxes is for VBA-only. You can also change other "attributes" of the newly created field.

I always change the value of the literal that goes along with the entry field....this will end up being the object name within the Flexibility project. You can always hide the literal if you don't need it.

Enjoy!

When I log on as Supervisor and go into Designer, I right clicked on the page, go into Special and "The Add Entry Field" is grayed out. Is there something else I need to do? Again thanks for your help.

Check with your reseller / Exact on that one, but remember you could also call your own form with VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back